Well, since my last post was from DECEMBER of last year, I should probably post an update. True enough, life has been super busy with the twins – and most anything noteworthy I’m already posting to facebook. I suppose however that blogging is indeed a whole different animal. I seem to get inspired when i read other blogs that are well put together and have large followings. Its not as if i ever expect folks to even look at this regularly if at all. Most of my traffic i would guess is simply from random surfers. Nonetheless, I am going to make a better effort at keeping this updated. I THINK there is a feature on facebook that indicates I’ve updated this blog, I’ll have to check that out.
A blog post to me, would be incomplete without an image so with that said, here is a fairly up-to-date shot of the boys. I love this shot – the expressions, the composition, and the depth-of-field. When it comes to taking photos of these lil guys, let me tell you its not easy. So i feel VERY fortunate to not only have a shot of them TOGETHER, but something that im happy with. Blessings to all…. MJ
Wow…can’t believe my last post was in July….time flies when you’re having fun.
Going to be changing how I do this blog soon. I get SOOOO much spam and im just not technically literate enough to stop it…. $@#$@!
You know…its VERY rare that i see an email that just stirs me up and moves me, but i received one this morning that I just have to share. God Bless America and a sincere and grateful THANK YOU! to all the troops fighting for freedom.
Your alarm goes off; you hit the snooze and sleep for another 10 minutes.
He stays up for days on end.
You take a warm shower to help you wake up.
He goes days or weeks without running water.
You complain of a “headache,” and call in sick.
He gets shot at as others are hit, and keeps moving forward.
You put on your anti war/don’t support the troops shirt, and go meet up with your friends.
He still fights for your right to wear that shirt.
You make sure you’re cell phone is in your pocket.
He clutches the cross hanging on his chain next to his dog tags.
You talk trash about your “buddies” that aren’t with you.
He knows he may not see some of his buddies again.
You walk down the beach, staring at all the pretty girls.
He walks the streets, searching for insurgents and terrorists.
You complain about how hot it is.
He wears his heavy gear, not daring to take off his helmet to wipe his brow.
You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your order wrong.
He doesn’t get to eat today.
Your maid makes your bed and washes your clothes.
He wears the same things for weeks, but makes sure his weapons are clean.
You go to the mall and get your hair redone.
He doesn’t have time to brush his teeth today.
You’re angry because your class ran 5 minutes over.
He’s told he will be held over an extra 2 months.
You call your girlfriend and set a date for tonight.
He waits for the mail to see if there is a letter from home.
You hug and kiss your girlfriend, like you do everyday.
He holds his letter close and smells his love’s perfume.
You roll your eyes as a baby cries.
He gets a letter with pictures of his new child, and wonders if they’ll ever meet.
You criticize your government, and say that war never solves anything.
He sees the innocent tortured and killed by their own people and remembers why he is fighting.
You hear the jokes about the war, and make fun of men like him.
He hears the gunfire, bombs and screams of the wounded.
You see only what the media wants you to see.
He sees the broken bodies lying around him.
You are asked to go to the store by your parents. You don’t.
He does exactly what he is told.
You stay at home and watch TV.
He takes whatever time he is given to call, write home, sleep, and eat.
You crawl into your soft bed, with down pillows, and get comfortable.
He crawls under a tank for shade and a 5 minute nap, only to be woken by gunfire.
You sit there and judge him, saying the world is probably a worse place because of men like him.
If only there were more men like him!
Just returned from a SUPER relaxing trip out to Orange County, California. We have some dear friends that live out in Irvine, so we hopped on a jet and set our sites on the coast. Nothing like good food, good friends, and a fantabulous location for a little R & R. Unfortunately, California is in the throes of a heat wave so it was a little warm. All in all we hit several beaches, made a trip to San Diego, did some shopping and ate a lot of good food. Im just thankful there werent any earthquakes while we were there.
Ever wish you could make the rules? Im going to start a little thread here that reflects MY opinion on the way things should be, and how people should act. I went out for lunch today and my GOSH people are just crazy in this world. Although I know the Good Book says that the world will turn this way, its just so hard to stomach people and their actions sometimes. Some of these rules will seem just plain obvious – but you’d be surprised. I’ll start off with road rules. I seem to have a lot of trouble coping on the road.
- when you hear that big engine behind you, it means yes, its time to stop walking down the CENTER of the aisle.
- the left lane is for faster drivers, if this isnt you, move over.
- Remember that rule from the Drivers Handbook that said something about using your turn indicators 200′ prior to your turn? Stop putting on your blinker 5′ from your turn roughly the same time you brake hard.
- Intersections. If you come to a red light at a major intersection, dont sit in the right-hand lane to go straight. People behind you want to turn. Exception to the rule: Rural areas.
- When traffic is heavy, just because you bulldog the nose of your vehicle into my personal space does not mean I’m letting you in. This will guarantee I wont let you in.
- Courtesy waves. Need I say more?
- Please program/dial/configure your (insert gadget here) BEFORE you get on the road. And DONT do this in the fast lane. I actually saw a kid playing a game device while driving once.
- INTENTIONALLY not looking both ways when crossing the street/aisle/walkway so that i HAVE to yield to you doesnt mean I will. You dont know that Im reading a book behind the wheel.
- Yeah, I agree there are more cars on the road than ever. Yeah, i know you need to pull out in a hurry to jump in. But if you DO pull right out in front of me, STEP ON THE GAS!
- In addition, if you pull out in front of me in three lanes of light traffic, PICK AN EMPTY LANE. If you dont, see previous.
Ok thats enough road rules for now – i could go ON and ON and ON….. (ask my wife)
Some General Rules
- Cell Phones. Do I EVEN have to say it? GO SOMEWHERE PRIVATE to talk about FiFi’s latest nail color. I just lost a parent to cancer, i know what its like to be waiting on that all-important call. But there was NO WHERE that I couldnt take 2 seconds to get up and walk out of wherever i was.
Contrary to what you think, NO ONE wants to hear your conversation.
- That space located just outside the front door of ANY public establishment is NOT your personal parking space. Even if you’re waiting on someone.
- Please honor my 3′ personal space when you see me in line at the grocery/bank/buffet/etc. I really DONT want to give you a piggy back ride.
- Dont think for a second that it is my duty to move out of the way for you. This one boggles my mind. People that will flat out run over you because you dont step aside. Go figure.
- Dont walk on bluebonnets
- ASK me if i want more tea. And if i do, DONT grab my glass any where NEAR where my lips touch.
- So you’re finally outside to smoke – thats a good start. DONT stand in the entrance!
- To quote a line from the classic Rebok commercials, “if you kill the Joe, make some mo!”
If you take the last cup of coffee… MAKE ANOTHER POT.
- Stand in line like the rest of us. Your “quick question” really isnt.
- Just because your favorite electronics store demos the latest and greatest video games…doesnt give you the right to yell and cuss at the screen like you were at home. Grow up or get out.
- Although I dont act like one, I AM an adult. If you are younger than I am, especially significantly younger – KNOW that I am older than you and respect my age.
- Yes, I will drop anything and everything to come to your aid or to provide you my attention. Please reciprocate.
Perhaps this is enough for now. I’m sure I will add to this list as I think of new ones.
HOW ABOUT YOU? What would be YOUR rules????
I like big ones and i just dont have the right equipment to hold them….. Im talking about cup holders in my car!! Geez what are you thinking??!!
Here’s the deal. I have 3 cars, type isnt important, but they’re all a little older and NOT A ONE has a cup holder that will hold the modern era drink. Lets face it – you go to a fast food chain these days and ‘supersize’ or go-large or whatever the buzz word is, and that puppy is NOT going to fit in my car. Ok, so maybe now that im on a rant – type IS important because i want to really complain about the engineering that goes into a Lexus automobile. My wife has one ok and the cup holder is this little slide out thing that pulls out RIGHT OVER the ashtray. No, neither of us smoke but most portable ‘toys’ these days like phones and dvd players, blah, blah, blah…. all need power from the cigarette lighter. Drop a drink in the cup holder (provided it fits) and youve got to pull out the power cord. Ok so I happen to have a Lexus too – thats why i want to complain. My ONLY cup holder is mounted to the right of the radio and sort of pulls down and ‘pops up’…… its only large enough to MAYBE get a 12 ounce can in and if you get something to sit in there, it rests on a flimsy little plastic rod thats about two inches below the actual holding part. Lets face it, the way I drive…. NOTHING is going to be safe in that thing. But the REAL point is SIZE…. there is NO WAY its going to hold todays drink sizes…
Oh the other vehicle…its a truck…you’d think a TEXAS truck would hold a TEXAS-sized drink. No way. No how. WHAT GIVES??? I do, however REALLY have to hand it to those geniuses at the likes of Taco Bell, Whataburger etc….THOSE guys made a LARGE cup…but put the smaller “12 ounce” size bottoms on it. THOSE bad boys fit!! Now it might look like Im a fast food junkie…. sure i splurge from time to time, but its the drinks….bigger drinks I stop for… (you’re buying this right?)
Anyway…. I just had to rant for a second…im so tired of spilling drinks just because they wont fit in the ‘cupholders’ in my car. Big Gulp anyone???
Seems everyone has a blog these days, and its just the thing to do. I havent spent much time writing in mine because I feel like i never know what to say. So im doing a little research and spending time on OTHER blogs. Astounding results…. they really arent saying anything at all. Most times people just talk about what they had for dinner or something. Wild.
Ok, so fine Im thinking – i’ll just blog about something random ive done today.
Its almost 3 in the afternoon and im workin hard at the office. My forehead keeps making this amusing little ‘bouuoonging’ sound as it repeatedly hits the monitor. Time for coffee.
Cruise down the hall. Reaching the breakroom ive forgotten my coffee cup. No problem – ill use styrofoam. As I turn for the cup stash I come face to face with my nemesis. The vending machine. I hate that thing. Its filled with such vile, nasty, unhealthy garbage but somehow it keeps sucking the change out of my pockets like there is no tomorrow. First thing that catches my eye is a big ol’ butterfinger…..staring me down.
Oh no you dont….you’re mine.
Now i gotta ask…..what is it that the people who stock these things are thinking??? I know it doesnt take an intellect such as the likes of Isaac Newton, but speaking of gravity – why do the butterfingers always have to be located near the top?? Do these guys not know how it feels to reach in for that candy bar …only to retrieve a sheath of shattered and broken bits of chocolate? Granted, it all goes down the same but come on! Put that thing closer to the bottom. Ive also “heard” that Pop-Tarts do the same thing. Makes it awfully hard to get those tasty treats into the toaster in pieces…er…so ive heard.
Ok, coffee. Seems not a SOUL in this place knows how to make it. If I had a nickel for every time I walked into the breakroom in a caffeine-deprived coma to find that some NUMBSKULL has left about a swallow of burning sludge in the bottom without making a fresh pot……ok sorry i digress. Anyhow, I grab a styrofoam cup…and go to pour a little dust…uh…powdered creamer into the cup. The hole has been disfigured by perhaps some OTHER caffeine deprived soul and the creamer misses my cup altogether and onto the counter. Man. I finally engineer some creamer into my cup and pour a cup of the blackest coffee ive ever seen. How long has this stuff been stewing? Oh well. I figure if anything …my forehead with thank me, and ive gotten a blog entry out of the ordeal. Time to console a butterfinger.
So ive made friends with the donut lady…..and the girl at the Starbucks drivethru….and my wasteline is protesting. This is my Friday ritual – to stop and snag an apple fritter and a steaming cup of Starbucks. Its my little way of treating myself after a long, stressful, activity filled week. Or an otherwise boring week of pure slacking. More of the latter im sure. Its become routine for me and that bright spot at the end of the tunnel…how about you guys? Anything you do on a weekly basis that has sort of turned into a routine for you?
ok…..gotta run warm up these donut holes…
The blog page only holds so many entries per page so this very neat little application archives the older ones by month…
If you have any desire whatsoever to see additional entries, just click on the months over to the right under “Archives”.
Just an FYI.